Friday, December 3, 2010

38 Weeks With White Discharge

The ladder and the desk

life in its path leaves behind several rendered, other drives in unstoppable career. Recently I met someone who has shared with me one of those unforgettable stories full of teaching. As well I need a lot to learn in my long journey I'm all ears to what each person chooses to share.

In the early 80 (considering my friend) started from a salesman for a computer parts company. Being age 23 had the record for being the biggest seller earning an average of $ 150 000 to $ 200 000 per year. As was single and young for my money he earned was more than enough. One day my boss called me into the office and informed me that of the eight major customers on my list needed take four to give to a new vendor in the company. The new vendor was a very attractive young man undoubtedly had captivated my boss and his next step in the strategy to approach him it was appropriate that my sacrifice had. My response is not slow - Why not get customers on their own as I got?. Obviously my position impossible seller somehow prevent what was already a decision.

Disappointed and angry to leave my house without the strength to work that day. I take refuge in my bed and TV without being able to think of anything but the injustice that my boss had made me. As he prayed, asking God for his Justice came to my mind the biblical text that says "Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God and exalt you in due time (1 Pet. 5:6). As you read this passage my mind brightened.

The next day began the new work plan. Immediately call my tailor and I ordered two new suits of the finest material for that week. Reported earnings that my work at that time amounted to stay out of the regular stores in search of my clothes. When you enter the doors again for the head office came and I touch my clothes caught-New clothes? replicated once, "Do not touch me! with your permission, I need to resolve an issue. And I retired in search of newspapers, magazines to find new companies looking for vendors for their products. At the first site, the individual had long hair, jeans and a shirt. This and told me that my experience would lead his company to higher levels. I was the only vendor that was presented in those days and the young man was almost all my instructions, I said I need a new suit and haircut. His company was called back then "PC's Limited."

started to sell immediately and take your company in less than a year promising profits. Introduce young man the company AMD which was incorporated into its model of selling through a contract. Because my earnings for that then they were far above everything lost. Shortly after my clients time exceeded my expectations and decided to leave "PCs Limited" in spite of frequent prayers and confess young executive who was in his prime.

With the passing of the years I decided to leave the business of sales and one day arriving in Houston in the crowd at the airport I could hear someone calling me, when you turn to see behind that mature face was that young man "PC's Limited, a friendly greeting me and after a brief chat again offered me work, graciously thanked her and told her that I no longer engaged in sales. Its size and shape I was amazed, this young man, Michael Dell, successfully continued to flood the market with their computers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment